Associate Producer, The Lead
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, The Lead (Temporary)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
The Lead with Jake Tapper seeks an Associate Producer (Temporary) to join the team in Washington, D.C.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• The Associate Producer (Temporary) for The Lead with Jake Tapper is responsible for the visual aspects of the show.
• Main responsibilities include identifying and cutting the best video and graphics for each day's stories.
• The AP works directly with producers and writers, from pitching appropriate stories, researching topics and participating in story brain-storming meetings.
• The AP will be responsible for identifying, researching and locating video clips (both internally and through external sources like social media) and producing creative, dynamic graphics for TV and online video.
• The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
• The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who can take an idea and run with it, but also someone with a keen eye that catches mistakes and works quickly.
• The AP will also take a leading role in the control room by calling for the best video and graphics, and should be able to move quickly during breaking news and high-stress situations.
• The position will also assist with identifying the best interview segments from the day's show to promote both within CNN and externally. A strong interest in social media is desirable.
• Your Qualifications & Experience…
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
• BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
• Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful.
• TV and digital video production experience
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
• Strong on-line research and video editing skills
• Strong knowledge of digital newsgathering and social media
• Must be able to work in fast paced, breaking news environment with proven attention to detail.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.