Associate Editor, Deals, CNN Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 7:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor, Deals, CNN Underscored jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Editor, Deals, CNN Underscored postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
Write, update and ideate deals content for CNN Digital's reviews and
recommendations section, CNN Underscored. The ideal candidate has experience writing and/or editing deals and/or commerce content for a major digital publisher and has a knack for understanding consumer online shopping habits. They can easily discern which products should (and shouldn't) be recommended to the Underscored audience, and are particularly Amazon literate. They are keen on social media trends. The Associate Editor will also work closely with the Editor and Senior Editor to develop strategies for creating and updating deals content across CNN platforms.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Assist Editor in creation of daily deals content
• Manage updates to existing deals stories
• Work with Editor to monitor price drops on specific products proven to be of
interest to the Underscored audience
• Select deals for inclusion in Underscored newsletters
• Help curate featured deals for Underscored social channels
• With guidance from Senior Editor, help lead Underscored's coverage of holidays and special events
• Write and/or edit 3-5 stories a week
• Ability to write with authority about a wide range of products, from tech to home to style
• Assist with assignments to freelance writers
• Brainstorm story and series ideas on a weekly basis
• Communicate with SEO team to ensure our stories comply with SEO guidance
• Edit images in Photoshop to comply with our style guide
• Keep an eye on social trends (particularly IG/FB/TikTok)
• Experiment regularly to boost traffic and conversion rates
• College degree preferred
• Must have 2–4 years' experience writing content for a major publisher, ideally product reviews and recommendations (a roster of PR contacts is a plus)
• Flawless grammar & spelling
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and Photoshop
• Must have strong writing skills and be an innovative thinker
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills
• Position reports to CNN Underscored Senior Editor
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $51,100.00 - $94,900.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.