Associate Designer, CNN
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Associate Designer is a visual communicator who collaborates with artists, designers, producers, and directors to assist in creating design assets and content related imagery on our products and platforms for live and VOD content.
• Provide support to designers in creating digital designs, layouts, and other related still graphic assets for our content development team including presentations, pitch decks, newsletters, and mocks
• Take existing designs and direction and create visually engaging thumbnails, key art, hero images, and other on platform editorial content imagery
• Assist in designing and illustrating elements for series and episodic level preview imagery, visually conveying content in a single image to drive audiences
• Iterate on existing thumbnail designs and preview imagery to create multiple layouts and options for maximum audience impact
• 1+ years related work experience creating and developing graphics
• Strong design and typographic sensibility,
• Experience in a deadline driven environment
• Technical skills with digital graphics
• Experience working knowledge of design software such as Adobe Suite, Figma
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.