Work Editor, Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented editor to lead its work and career coverage for a broad consumer audience under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to content that helps readers get smarter about how they manage their careers, lifestyles and money.
This editor will be responsible for growing Make It's career coverage. Additionally, the editor will be asked to pitch story ideas, as well as copy- and line-edit engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
could include, but are not limited to:
• Developing a vision for CNBC's careers coverage and expanding its target audience.
• Working with a small team of staff writers to deliver the best career coverage on the web.
• Generating story ideas, collaborating with and guiding writers, and creating own content when needed.
• Editing 3 to 6 stories per day.
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create compelling career-focused videos.
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a writer and/or editor
• Must possess the ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• The ideal candidate is excited about creating a successful new property
• A curiosity about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and can't wait to bring them back to the team.