Technology Reporter, Amazon and E-Commerce
CNBCSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
CNBC is seeking a Technology Reporter to expand and improve our coverage of Amazon, the most multi-faceted company in the tech industry. The beat may include the Amazon Marketplace, AWS, logistics, fulfillment and distribution centers and workforce, Whole Foods and groceries, hardware, engagement with Washington D.C., and Jeff Bezos.
could include but are not limited to:
• Breaking news about Amazon and competitors, including stories about the business, culture, and people.
• Writing smart next-minute and longer-term analysis about Amazon's business, as well as competitors.
• Pitching and writing features focusing on great human stories in and around Amazon and competitors.
• Contributing to video features.
• Chipping in on breaking news as needed.
• At least 3 years' experience covering tech or business news, ideally in a digital-first setting. A wide range of experience levels will be considered.
• Business finance experience – must be familiar with balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco (preferred) or Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• A demonstrated ability to build sources and break news in a business setting.
• A body of writing that demonstrates knowledge of the high tech industry and business.
• Strong critical thinker.
• Team player who can cooperate and coordinate with journalists, editors, and producers from all parts of CNBC.
• TV appearance experience or desire to learn.