Sr. Managing Producer, CNBC Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 6:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Managing Producer, CNBC Make IT jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Managing Producer, CNBC Make IT postings
Full Time Job
CNBC Make It is looking for a talented Senior Managing Producer to join its growing digital video team. This person is a news junkie, obsessed with all things millennial and Gen Z, business and consumer news, the future of the workplace, personal finance and other industry topics that matter. The ideal candidate has impeccable editorial judgment, and strong writing and editing skills. He or she is a master of shooting and editing, and a natural leader.
The Senior Managing Producer will be developing primarily in-depth explainers and mini docs on complicated subjects as well as smart short-form videos on occasion, and leading production for tentpole series including Millennial Money. This manager will guide and mentor a team of producers and associate producers, and work with animators, reporters and section editors.
Here are examples of the videos the Make It team is producing:
• Living On $25K A Year In Greater Baltimore | Millennial Money
• Why You Spend So Much Money At Trader Joe's | Hooked
• Living In A $5,150/Month Apartment In NYC | Unlocked
• How Much Money Do You Need To Earn To Be Happy?
This role requires experience in managing a video team for a digital news organization; writing smart scripts; approving, framing, and assigning stories; using analytics to understand the CNBC Make It audience and come up with new series and formats; and managing freelancers remotely. The Senior Managing Producer should have a depth of experience in journalism and digital media, be comfortable in a leadership role, and bring a thoughtful and original voice to the team.
What youâ€™ll do:
• Produce original videos focusing on millennials and Gen Z, personal finance and other topics on brand for CNBC Make It
• Approve story ideas; write, edit and vet scripts, providing constructive editorial and production feedback
• Develop new video formats, styles and production workflows
• Coach, mentor and motivate producers to create their best work
• Lead producers in best practices for managing and hiring freelancers for remote shootsã€€ ã€€
• Participate in editorial meetings and represent the original video team to the greater organizationã€€
• Coordinate with partners across all CNBC Make It platforms to develop new franchises of digital video
• Partner with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions to their print stories
What weâ€™ll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, youâ€™ll have access to great perks and amenities:
Sneak Peek Screenings â€'' Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events â€'' Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - thereâ€˜s never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center â€'' Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendlyâ€'' Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces â€'' 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings â€'' Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like â€œThe Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallonâ€ and â€œSaturday Night Live.â€ Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, youâ€™ll getâ€¦
Weâ€™re a global company that values our employeeâ€™s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that weâ€™re smarter, more dynamic and better together. Thatâ€™s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What youâ€™ll bring:
• At least 5 years of experience producing digital video content at a major online news publication
• Expert level experience with reporting, writing, editing and producing original video content
• At least 2 years of experience managing a team of digital producers and/or freelancers
• Thoughtful leader with solid judgment
• Expert at telling impactful stories and mentoring others to do the same
• Advanced knowledge of editing on Adobe Premiere
• Proficiency in DSLR camera operation and studio lighting
• Demonstrated knowledge of online production and multimedia storytelling, working knowledge of online publishing systems and technologies, and rights and clearances
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and the ability to work well under deadline pressure
• Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• Impeccable fact-checker
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Youâ€™ll stand out if:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical abilities
• Expert collaborator with teams
• Experience managing a team remotely
• Admirable ability to land difficult interviews and characters, desirable industry rolodex