Spring Paid Intern - Editorial
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Part Time Paid Internship
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com, CNBC PRO, mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices, and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Internship Opportunities Commonly Available Include (but are not limited to):
• CNBC.com Editorial
• Make It Editorial
• Strategic Content & News Partnerships
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Focused on writing articles for CNBC.com or Make It offering interns a portfolio of clips to further their journalism career goals
• Edit and produce news stories from wires, CNBC reporters and partners
• Pitch, report, and write stories on a variety of topics, including careers, personal finance, entrepreneurship and lifestyle to target young people
• Opportunity to contribute cross-platform
For more information on each department, please visit our CNBC Internship Page.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. CNBC offers Free Shuttle Service. Selected roles will be on-site in New York, NY.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 1, 2019.
Spring Program Dates: January – May 2020
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Communications, Feature Writing, Mass Media, News Writing and Reporting, English, Digital Media, Business/Finance
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, editing, research, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of business news is a plus
• Previous experience on a college newspaper, website or blog is preferred.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership