Spring Paid Intern - Digital
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Part Time Paid Internship
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com, CNBC PRO, mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices, and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Internship Opportunities Commonly Available Include (but are not limited to):
• Digital Video Production
• Social Media
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Training on DSLR camera operation, video editing techniques and editorial practices
• Develop and create compelling video content that works effectively across various platforms and resonates with different audiences
• Work closely with social media editors to help keep our readers up to date on the latest business news, grow CNBC's audience, and craft our social voice.
• You'll get hands-on experience writing and producing content for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more.
For more information on each department, please visit our CNBC Internship Page.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. CNBC offers Free Shuttle Service. Selected roles will be on-site in New York, NY
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 1, 2019.
Spring Program Dates: January – May 2020
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Communications, Mass Media, News Writing and Reporting, Digital Media, Digital Video, Video Production, Social Media
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, social-media savvy, love discussing money and success,
• Experience with various video editing (i.e. Adobe Premiere) and CMS platforms
• Knowledge of social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram)
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership; newsroom environment preferred.