Software Engineer, Web Frontend
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer to design and build software solutions across CNBC's Digital Platform. The Software engineer role focuses on Frontend development. The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery.
Here's how to tell if you're who we're looking for:
• You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
• You get excited about collaborating with team members to produce results.
• You deliver high quality, production ready code.
• You're interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science with a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience.
• Experience building web frontend beyond just prototypes. Hands on coding experience building clean, fast WEB pages and components.
• Hands on experience building applications in React-Redux a strong plus
• Skills styling web applications using CSS 2/3, SASS
• Experience with one or more technologies such as ReactJS, Redux, SASS, ES6, JSX, Babel, Apollo GraphQL and NodeJS technologies.
• Experience working on large scale, high traffic websites a plus.
• Solid understanding of core programming principles and design patterns.
• Experience building mobile web applications
• Good Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
• Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through, exhibiting ownership, and delivering on responsibilities
Your Day to Day Includes:
• Hands-on software development building frontend web applications
• Working closely with your peers in product and design to ideate on our projects and roadmaps
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews
• Collaborating with the team to ship new features quickly
• Helping to improve code quality by writing unit tests.