Software Engineer, Market Data
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking an experienced Java/J2EE Developer who possesses a passion designing and developing market data related applications. They will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of CNBC's flagship applications. Our team at CNBC offers a unique opportunity to be part of a of passionate, collaborative professionals team building applications used by millions of users daily.
Every day as a Market Data Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
• Design, develop and test Market Data applications
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, scope, and ship new features.
• Work on backend API services that the front-end teams integrate with.
• Design, develop and change complex distributed systems.
• Follow best engineer practices by ensuring unit-test coverage and working with QA on test automations.
• Ensuring application performance and best in class app rating is maintained.
• Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience.
• Proficient in Java/J2EE technologies.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• Solid background in developing and deploying J2EE applications on application servers like Tomcat.
• Good knowledge of Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Spring integration with Hibernate.
• Experience in Agile methodologies.
• Strong skills in understanding the existing Database Models and SQL.
• Knowledge in Unix Commands and scripting languages like Bash, Perl or Python.
• Solid background writing automated unit tests
• Comfortable working with Git, Jenkins and Jira.
• Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle etc.
• Familiarity with Jenkins and continuous integration pipelines.
• Effective problem-solving skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Basic understanding of Market Data Products and Systems.
• Knowledge of developing and building C/C applications is a plus.
• Good knowledge of network protocols, network programming, various optimization techniques and multi-threaded programming.