Software Engineer, iOS
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking an iOS software engineer to develop CNBC's flagship iOS app. The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery
Here's how to tell if you're who we're looking for:
• You consider yourself to be top talent.
• You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
• You get excited about collaborating with team members to produce results.
• You deliver high quality, production ready code.
• You're not the person who waits for others to come up with solutions. You are the solution.
• You're interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning!
Your Day to Day Includes:
• Using your knowledge of iOS development to build new features into our flagship CNBC App
• Working closely with your peers in Product Development and Design to participate in current and future product iterations
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews
• Taking every opportunity make an impact on the design, architecture and implementation of our product
• Helping to ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
• Collaborating with the team to ship new features quickly
• Helping to improve code quality, unit test scripts and code coverage
• BS degree or higher in computer science with 4 years of broad engineering experience
• Experience in developing, deploying and supporting complex iOS applications
• Solid knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
• Experience with code coverage and unit testing tools like Quick, Nimble, OCMock etc.
• Solid knowledge of XCode/AppCode IDE, build and distribution processes
• Demonstrable knowledge of dependency managers such as Cocoapods
• Experience integrating with APNS
• Experience working with analytics tools like Omniture, Comscore, Parse.ly etc.
• Solid knowledge of Restful services
• Demonstrable knowledge of building responsive user experiences across phones and tablets
• Experience in performance, scalability, security, architecture, and engineering best practices
• Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest in emerging technologies/trends on mobile platforms
• Experience integrating with third-party libraries such as video and display advertising
• Experience implementing in-app purchase would be nice to have
• Experience implementing personalization solutions would be nice to have
• Must be able to work onsite at CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. A van service is available for employees commuting from New York City and New Jersey (Jersey city and others).
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment
• Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
• Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through, exhibiting ownership, and delivering on responsibilities
• Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team.
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
• Fitness & Health Programs
• Universal Park Tickets and Discounts
• Company Wide Discounts
• Active investment in skill-building and growth
• Volunteer Opportunities and many more!