Social News Producer
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC is looking for a strong, creative writer who's obsessed with news to join its editorial social team. The ideal candidate will love the excitement of working in a fast-moving newsroom, and will have innovative ideas about how to evolve CNBC's social presence.
As part of digital's growing Audience Growth Team, this producer will sync with the digital and TV newsrooms to publish stories, videos, and other multimedia posts. They will be expected to take a leadership role on the social media team, and handle day-to-day management of social platforms.
This producer will contribute ideas to the overall social strategy across all platforms, and think critically about how to evolve social at CNBC. However, the role will be primarily focused on Instagram. Graphics production and experience with Photoshop is key. Light video editing will also be required. The person in this position will also have the opportunity to spearhead special projects, go out into the field, and coordinate with the events team.
of the Social News Producer may include, but are not limited to:
• Working with Senior Social Media Editors and Social News Producers to deliver news across all CNBC's social platforms, with a focus day-to-day management of Instagram
• Working with editors and reporters in digital and TV newsrooms, as well as collaborating with edit team at Make It, CNBC's sister site
• Creating highly shareable multimedia posts to grow audience engagement
• Working with Senior Social Media Editors to develop the social team's strategy, and grow the social audience at CNBC
• Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
• Familiarity with Photoshop, Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro X
• Familiarity with social management tools
• Strong news judgment and a good sense of the topics that will resonate with our audience and best showcase the CNBC brand
• This is a full-time staff position
• Experience working in a newsroom or for a company with a focus on news and storytelling
• Experience working with graphics, video, and creating shareable multimedia
• Experience working with social media and familiarity with platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit and Twitter, as well as social management tools like SocialFlow, WildMoka, and Later.
• Desire to work on a creative, demanding and data-driven team
• Must be collaborative and a great communicator
• Obsessed with social platforms and innovative ways of digital storytelling