Senior Software Engineer, Web Frontend, Grow, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
About Our Team:
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer to design and build software solutions across CNBC's Digital Platform. The Software engineer role focuses on Frontend development. The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery.
OPEN TO TELECOMMUTE
What We Offer: New Jersey
• Free shuttle service to/from the office from Manhattan – East & West side, Brooklyn, Jersey City, and Hoboken is provided throughout the day and evening.
• This location also offers perks like a free gym that offers classes for Zumba, Yoga and High Intensity Training. Dry cleaning services, gourmet café and foosball tables are also offered at this office!
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
• Universal Park Tickets and companywide discounts
• Active investment in skill-building and growth
• Volunteer Opportunities and many more!
Your Day Includes:
• Hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise in frontend web development, especially in React-Redux, Node.js, HTML5
• Working closely with your peers in Product and Design to innovate on current and future product offerings
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews
• Helping to ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
• Collaborating with the team to ship new features quickly
Who We're Looking For:
• You consider yourself to be a top talent
• You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation
• You deliver high quality, production ready code
• You're not the person who waits for others to come up with solution
• You're interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of engineering experience is highly preferred
• Extensive experience building enterprise level web frontend beyond just prototypes
• Skilled in styling web applications using CSS 2/3, SASS
• Experience building applications using ReactJS, Redux, SASS, ES6, JSX, Babel, Apollo GraphQL and NodeJS technologies
• Knowledge with Performance, Scalability, Security, Enterprise System Architecture, and Engineering best practices
• Experience working on large scale, high traffic websites a plus
• Solid foundation of core programming principles, design patterns
• Experience building mobile web applications