Senior Software Engineer, Web Frontend, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer to design and build software solutions across CNBC's Digital Platform. The Software engineer role focuses on Frontend development. The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery.
Here's how to tell if you're who we're looking for:
• You consider yourself to be a top talent.
• You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
• You get excited about.
• You deliver high quality, production ready code.
• You're not the person who waits for others to come up with solution.
• You're interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience is required.
• Extensive experience building enterprise level web frontend beyond just prototypes.
• Expert experience building applications in React-Redux.
• Strong skills in styling web applications using CSS 2/3, SASS
• Experience building applications using ReactJS, Redux, SASS, ES6, JSX, Babel, Apollo GraphQL and NodeJS technologies.
• Knowledge with Performance, Scalability, Security, Enterprise System Architecture, and Engineering best practices
• Experience working on large scale, high traffic websites a plus.
• Solid understanding of core programming principles, design patterns.
• Experience building mobile web applications
• Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
• Proactive personality with a proven track record exhibiting ownership, and
Your Day to Day Includes:
• Design and Build Software Solutions across CNBC's Digital Web Platform
• Hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise in frontend web development, especially in React-Redux, Node.js, HTML5.
• Working closely with your peers in Product and Design to innovate on current and future product offerings
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews
• Helping to ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
• Collaborating with the team to ship new features quickly