Senior Multimedia Reporter - Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC Make It is looking for an experienced Senior Multimedia Reporter. The role requires a strong background in writing for both video and print, as well as proficiency producing, interviewing high profile guests and editing.
The Multimedia Producer will work with editors and senior staff to generate original story ideas, video series, explainers and smart angles on trending topics centered on entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. The Multimedia Reporter will see their projects through from pre-production through final delivery.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in writing and video production at a major media outlet and a proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Pitching, writing, editing and producing original stories and content
• Prototyping new video executions including series, mini documentaries and explainers
• Partnering with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions for their print stories
• Coordinating with partners across all CNBC platforms to develop digital video content to support cross-departmental efforts
• A strong ability to tell visual stories in creative ways leveraging video footage, graphics and animation.
• Four-year college degree with course work/major emphasis on communications, journalism, TV/Web production, or multimedia studies
• At least 5 years of experience producing digital video content at a major news network or online news publication
• Must have expert-level experience reporting, writing, editing and producing original video content
• Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite with an emphasis on Premiere and After Effects
• Demonstrated knowledge of online production and multimedia storytelling, and working knowledge of online publishing systems and technologies
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• A video production reel of the candidate's work is required