CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
What you'll do:
At CNBC, Segment Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1- to 3-hour show- Squawk on the Street.
could include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and producing live and taped guest segments.
• Implementing work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive producers.
• Finding and booking compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
• Conducting pre-interviews of guests and, based on their responses, scripting questions for use by anchors and reporters.
• Handling any necessary logistics for guests
• Writing compelling copy and teases.
• Securing elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
• Creating stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders.
• Partnering with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with financial and business news sources.
• Generating original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
• Assisting the EP and Senior Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll getâ€¦
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 2 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with demonstrated writing, research, and telephone communication skills.
• Must be able to be a team player and work very closely with the anchor of the program
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJâ€''perks include free shuttle transportation, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria and more!
You'll stand out if:
• Prior experience booking guests, generating ideas and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred
• Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure
• Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important
• MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus
• Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred