Segment Producer, Closing Bell, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
This was removed by the employer on 1/5/2020 12:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Segment Producer, Closing Bell, CNBC jobs in Englewood Cliffs-NJ
Search all Segment Producer, Closing Bell, CNBC postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Segment Producer, Closing Bell, CNBC?
Full Time Job
At CNBC, Segment Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1- to 3- hour show.
could include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and producing live and taped guest segments.
• Implementing work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
• Finding and booking compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
• Conducting pre-interviews of guests and, based on their responses, script questions for use by anchors and reporters.
• Handling any necessary travel logistics for guests
• Writing compelling copy and teases.
• Securing elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
• Creating stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders.
• Partnering with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with financial and business news sources.
• Generating original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
• Assisting EP and Senior Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 2 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with demonstrated writing, research and telephone communication skills.
• Must be able to be a team player and work very closely with the anchor of the program
• Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ - perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria and more!
• Prior experience booking guests, generating ideas and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred.
• Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important.
• MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus.
• Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred.