CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Production Coordinator, Mad Money
What You'll do :
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of eighteen (18) months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Assist CNBC Business News Show with the coordination of elements for daily Business program.
• Participate and contribute to the Social Media presence for the program â€'' including Twitter and Instagram.
• Must be resourceful and creative in helping to deliver the program's message, including use of clips, graphics, and props.
• Find background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, using a variety of sources such as the Internet, newspapers, and magazines.
• Includes administrative work/assisting on-air talent, including answering phones, faxing, paperwork.
• Coordinate production requests and schedules, arrange travel for talent and team.
• Arrange all Talent and team's travel, including car service, air travel and hotels.
• Draft and process all travel, entertainment and business expenses, including reconciling and responding to any auditing or finance requests.
• Research segment ideas and segment information as directed.
• Assist producers with story production and pre-interviews.
• Screen, coordinate and produce phone calls for segments.
• Assist Executive Producer and Anchor on set.
What we'll offer:
• Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:â€¯
• Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive monthsâ€¯
• Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employmentâ€¯
• Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employmentâ€¯
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:â€¯
• Sweat it outâ€¯-- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classesâ€¯
• Eat upâ€¯-- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad barsâ€¯
• Unwindâ€¯-- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosballâ€¯
• Extrasâ€¯-- Dry cleaning,â€¯shoe shiningâ€¯and sneak peeksâ€¯â€¯
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey Cityâ€¯
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll getâ€¦
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers siteâ€¯here.â€¯We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What You'll Bring:
• BA degree in journalism or business; or an equivalent degree
• Minimum 1 year of Production experience.
You'll Stand out if :
• Proficiency with content systems, especially the i-News computer system is preferred. Interest in and proficiency in social media a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal & teamwork skills, exhibiting proven ability to work collaboratively, with individuals at all levels, and across all functional groups
• Self-starter and be able to make quick, editorially sound decisions while remaining calm under pressure
• Ability to multi-task, and have experience working in live television
• Ability to work with others under tight deadlines
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Proactive thinker / self-starter
• Ability to take initiative
• Business news knowledge a plus