CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
• Assist CNBC Business News Show with the coordination of elements for daily Business program.
• Must be resourceful and creative in helping to deliver the program's message, including use of clips, graphics, and props.
• Find background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, using a variety of sources such as the Internet, newspapers, and magazines.
• Includes some administrative work/assisting on-air talent.
• Coordinate production requests for reporting appearing on the program
• Update and maintain certain schedules
• Research segment ideas and segment information as directed.
• Assist producers with story production and pre-interviews.
• Assist Executive Producer and Anchor on set.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of eighteen (18) months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• BA degree in journalism or business; or an equivalent degree
• Minimum 1 year of Production experience.
• Proficiency with content systems, especially the i-News computer system is preferred. Interest in and proficiency in social media a plus.
• Exceptional interpersonal & teamwork skills, exhibiting proven ability to work collaboratively, with individuals at all levels, and across all functional groups
• Self-starter and be able to make quick, editorially sound decisions while remaining calm under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task, and have experience working in live television
• Ability to work with others under tight deadlines
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Proactive thinker / self-starter
• Ability to take initiative
• Business news knowledge a plus