Product Manager, Web
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
As our product manager, you'll own the strategy, execution and successful delivery of video and monetization products, features and insights across our award-winning, market leading web sites, including CNBC.com and Make It. You'll thrive making impactful decisions for a brand that customers know and trust, based on a deep understanding and evangelizing of user data and research. Your passion will be to discover, develop and ship products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic business success for our company.
Day-to-day, you'll succeed by learning which solutions are simultaneously impactful, usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, clear prioritization of effort and collaborative design thinking. You'll connect regularly with customers to become a company expert on our audience, business, and industry. You'll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional Agile team by communicating your vision, authoring user stories, optimizing team welfare and experience, actively prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
• Develop and share a deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry
• Establish, articulate, and advocate product vision, strategy, and what business-facing success looks like
• Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
• Prioritize upcoming sprints, features and enhancements in story backlog
• Build and maintain roadmap (annual and quarterly KPIs and OKRs) to ensure alignment and focus on resourcing, progress and success
• Create a clear path for defining value for users and business growth
• Author use cases and user stories and build shared understanding around user needs and the definition of ''done''
• Identify and implement opportunities to reduce technical, business and user experience debt
• Discover value-driven opportunities via product discovery experiments and methods
• Identify and map customer goals, values and needs rather than ''wants'' or ''table stakes''
• Inform decisions with unbiased qualitative and quantitative data
• Ensure good communication and transparency by partnering with internal teams including editorial, marketing, advertising, business development and others
• Coordinate and collaborate with product peers and their teams to share learnings, leverage shared effort and ensure quality cross-platform experience
• Web video and/or advertising industry and domain subject-matter expert and thought leader
• Human-centered thinking and a strong empathy for solving problems for customers
• Exceptional written, spoken and visual communication skills
• Exceptional storytelling skills
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• Proven ability to deliver successful, valuable customer and business outcomes
• Strong user experience sensibilities
• Strong experience with analytics, user research to drive decisions
• Strong experience with Agile methodologies, sprints, prioritization and debt elimination
• Ability to speak fluently with business people, partners, engineers
• Experience in the media, news, or technology/internet industries
• Experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean Product a plus
• Experience as a designer, developer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You're always handy with a strong point of view, but you're open-minded and can admit when you're wrong. Your teams love working with you because you're a pleasure to be around and lead through inspiration and motivation rather than rules and hierarchies. A good story has made your way more than a good data point, but you've always got both at hand.
If this sounds like you, and you're excited to work with great people and the leader in business worldwide, we'd love to meet up!
Note: this position is based out of our spacious, modern CNBC offices on the river in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, with its on-site cafeteria, masseuse, shoe-shine, dry-cleaning, and full-featured, free fitness center. New Yorkers, don't panic - a convenient, complimentary shuttle is available from points throughout the NYC metro area!
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers' experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business insights, personal finance news and helpful, informative services. . Our digital and television products reach 385 million households worldwide, and we've got even more growth opportunities ahead. We're looking for the next great product person to join us in that adventure, and we're hoping it's you!