Product Manager, Personalization and Content Distribution
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
As our Product Manager of Personalization and Content Distribution, you'll advance CNBC's ambition to drive customer engagement by enhancing our services and APIs, defining personalization algorithms, and working with machine-learning engineers. As the product manager for our content services team, you'll improve our content API, video API and our log-in and authentication services.
Your main objectives will be to
• Partner with your fellow product managers to understand their content needs and translate those needs into requirements that will improve our content API so we provide the right content to the right people at the right time.
• Collaborate with ML engineers to implement personalization algorithms and validate their accuracy so that we provide relevant content to our consumers.
• Own the team's backlog, manage stakeholders' expectations and effectively communicate timelines, progress and status across the organization.
You'll succeed because you have strong attention to detail, have experience working with content and have worked with, or a have a strong interest in, data science or machine learning.
You understand APIs and data manipulation but have the empathy and mindset of a product manager who embraces design thinking, Agile and decision making. You appreciate content and/or news and understand the need for it to be accurate and distributed with speed.
You'll report to the Senior Director of Product Management, working together to set strategy and define product roadmaps. You'll work hand-in-hand with internal stakeholders and partners, engineers, operations, analytics, product managers, and editorial to build the best product experiences in the industry. You will help usher in an exciting and new set of ideas that will better serve our customers and further grow CNBC Digital.
• Execute the API and content services product strategy as defined in partnership with the Senior Director, product leads and senior leadership
• Partner with product managers and stakeholders to understand their content needs and translate requirements into user stories for our content API. Also, work with the engineering team to translate user stories into API specifications
• Partner with engineering to define and validate personalization algorithms, AI and machine learning models or create APIs as needed to support product team and stakeholder objectives
• Explore new opportunities and use cases for personalization, content relationships and user needs, toward driving product OKRs
• Prioritize features and enhancements in story backlog
• Make product roadmap recommendations and have overall ownership of the API as a product.
• Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills and attention to detail
• Strong ability to translate product needs to technical resources
• Educational background in engineering or a quantitative field
• You love cutting edge data technology, modeling, machine learning, predictive analytics, and optimizing towards key performance indicators that drive the business forward.
• High energy with the ability to balance competing priorities in a very dynamic environment
• High level of accountability. Takes ownership of problems and sees them through to resolution
• Strong collaboration skills, with experience in bringing together cross functional teams is required
• Experience with content distribution in a media company is a plus
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers' experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business and personal finance news and information, insights, and tools. Our digital and television products and services reach 385 million households worldwide, and we've got even more growth opportunities ahead. Now, we're looking for a product manager to join us in that adventure, and we're hoping it's you!