Product Manager, OTT, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers' experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business and personal finance news and information, insights, and tools. Our digital and television products and services reach 385 million households worldwide, and we've got even more growth opportunities ahead. Now, we're looking for the next great product leader to join us in that adventure, and we're hoping it's you!
As our Product Manager for OTT Video, you'll play a critical role to CNBC in evolving our digital video product portfolio's capabilities, offerings, and reach. You'll thrive making impactful decisions for a brand that customers know and trust, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and deliver innovative, creative products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
You'll succeed at growing CNBC's' digital OTT business by increasing customer delight, engagement, and revenue, while developing workflow efficiencies. You'll learn what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery and design thinking experiments. You'll connect regularly with customers to become the company expert on our audience and industry.
You'll report to the Senior Director of Product Management, working together to set strategy and define product roadmaps. You'll work hand-in-hand with internal stakeholders and partners, engineers, operations, business development, research, advertising partners and others to build the best products in the industry. You'll be exposed to many different facets of the digital and broadcast media industry, including OTT, VOD, direct-to-consumer, live streaming, and more.
• Develop deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry
• Define and execute on quarterly goals to drive business and customer value
• Prioritize roadmap, opportunity backlog, and story backlog
• Author requirements and user stories to ensure shared understanding with Agile teams
• Discovery product/market fit through rapid experimentation via product discovery and design thinking methods, collaborating with engineers, designers, and others
• Work with cross-functional teams through definition, development, release and maintenance, building strong relationships with internal teams including editorial, marketing, advertising, and partner management
• Inform decisions with qualitative data (defining and analyzing meaningful success metrics) and quantitative insights (surveys, market research, user research, and customer care)
• Coordinate, facilitate, and synthesize user research, including prototyping sessions, usability tests, qualitative interviews, and surveys
• Manage relationships with vendors, partners (Amazon, Apple, Google), and other NBCU product teams
• Coordinate with product peers and their teams to share learnings and ensure quality cross-platform experiences
• Research and report on competitive products in the direct video distribution space, including other LIVE and VOD services.
• Assist leadership in the preparation of presentations, reports and other product meetings that require assets, materials, data or research
• Stay current with Film, Television, Internet, Mobile, Connected TV, and Voice integration trends to help inform areas of product development
• 3 years of product management experience designing, developing, and delivering digital products using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• 2 years of experience as a product manager in the OTT or OTT-related industry
• Experience working in the digital video products or video distribution space
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
• Excellent relationship management, budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills
• Experience delivering successful customer and business results in collaborative, cross-functional environments
• Experience assessing technology assets and determining how to leverage them
• Strong business understanding of the evolving media industry
• Strong sense of urgency and self-motivation, with ability to work independently and take initiative
• Highly organized, articulate, and comfortable defining product requirements via documentation, wireframes, and/or prototypes
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Experience with a range of 3rd party video platforms components a plus
• Experience with video ad products and the ad space (Freewheel, DFP, IAB, etc.) a plus
• Experience with video products on mobile and connected TV space (OTT) a plus
• HLS, MPEG-DASH, DRM a plus
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You're always handy with a strong point of view, but you're open-minded and can admit when you're wrong. Your team loves working with you because you're a pleasure to be around and lead through inspiration and motivation rather than rules and hierarchies.
If this sounds like you, and you're excited to work with great people and the leader in business worldwide, we'd love to meet you!
Note: this position is based out of our spacious, modern CNBC offices on the river in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, with its on-site cafeteria, masseuse, shoe-shine, dry-cleaning, and full-featured, free fitness center. New Yorkers, don't panic - a convenient, complimentary shuttle is available from points throughout the NYC metro area!