Product Manager, Customer Data, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers' experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business and personal finance news and information, insights, and tools. Our digital and television products and services reach 385 million households worldwide, and we've got even more growth opportunities ahead. Now, we're looking for the next great product leader to join us in that adventure, and we're hoping it's you!
As our Product Manager of Customer Data, you'll play a critical role in advancing CNBC's customer data capabilities. There are many stakeholders who are craving for customer data and you will help them achieve their goals. Stakeholders include, but are not limited to, fellow Product Managers, Marketing, Ad Sales, Editorial, Events, Legal, Privacy, and Research. Instead of being intimidated by the amount of customer data that we have in silos, you will be excited about the possibilities that exist when you bring the data together in meaningful ways that allow us to personalize user experiences, deliver more relevant advertising and marketing messages, promote CNBC events, attract new users, and increase brand loyalty with our current users. You will also evangelize user privacy across the product organization, and roll out processes and systems that provide users with transparency about the data we collect and flexibility to control what is collected.
Your main objectives will be to
• Oversee the definition, prioritization, and delivery of customer data acquisition. You will figure out what is the most important customer data we should be collecting, how we should be collecting it (if we are not collecting it already), how will we use it, and partner with other product and engineering teams to turn your recommendations into a reality.
• You will compare first, second, and third party data sources and recommend what type of data we should rely on for each customer data use case.
• Define, implement, and maintain a customer data platform that will be shared with NBC Universal.
• Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and manage their expectations as you influence engineering teams to implement solutions with your guidance.
• Own the product roadmap to migrate to a new identity management system.
• Develop processes to manage and purge customer data based on user activity and preferences.
• Experience with Data Management Platforms and/or Customer Data Platforms
• Experience with GDPR and other recent digital privacy laws.
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Creative thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems with analytical thinking skills
• Proven ability to set a vision, excite, and lead cross-functional technology teams and broader stakeholders
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• You speak the same language as our engineers and can collaborate with them to solve technical challenges
• Strong ability to translate product needs to technical resources
• Educational background in engineering or a quantitative field
• Experience working with large datasets and leveraging SQL, R, or Python for data analysis is a plus
• You understand the challenges of digital marketing and the importance of utilizing data to measure the efficiency of marketing strategies