Product Manager, Api and Data Products, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Who We Are:
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers' experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business and personal finance news and information, insights, and tools. Our digital and television products and services reach 385 million households worldwide, and we've got even more growth opportunities ahead. Now, we're looking for a product manager to join us in that adventure, and we're hoping it's you!
As our Product Manager of API & Data Products, you'll advance CNBC's ambition to drive customer engagement by enhancing our data services (APIs), implementing personalization algorithms, and working with machine-learning engineers. You'll do so by collaborating with your fellow product leads, executives, and internal/external stakeholders to identify, define, prioritize and build data products that take advantage of CNBC's proprietary data and publicly available data. In this role, you will also be the product manager for our API services team and execute the roadmap for our content API, video API and our log-in and authentication services.
Who We're Looking For:
• You have deep empathy for customers and other humans
• You'll succeed because you have technical competency and can 'talk the talk' with engineers. You understand APIs and data manipulation but have the empathy and mindset of a product manager who embraces design thinking, Agile and decision making
• You also appreciate content and/or news and understand the need for it to be accurate and distributed with speed. You will help usher in an exciting and new set of ideas that will better serve our customers and further grow CNBC Digital
• You love cutting edge data technology, modeling, machine learning, predictive analytics, and optimizing towards key performance indicators that drive the business forward.
Your Day Includes:
• Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and manage their expectations as you influence engineering teams to implement solutions with your guidance. Also, work with Development team to translate user stories into API specifications
• Partner with product managers, the Analytics team and others to understand and execute their data services needs and translate requirements into user stories. Explore new data-driven products such as personalization, algorithms and other solutions to leverage data in a way that better serves our audience and the overall business
• Partner with engineering to define personalization algorithms, AI and machine learning models or create APIs as needed to support product team and stakeholder objectives
• Explore new opportunities and use cases for
personalization, content relationships and user needs, toward driving product
• Prioritize features and enhancements in story
• Make product roadmap recommendations and have
overall ownership of the API as a product
• Own the documentation of our API layer so that it
can easily be understood by our internal teams and partners
• Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics
• Educational background in engineering or a quantitative field
• You speak the same language as our engineers and can collaborate with them to solve technical challenges
• Strong ability to translate product needs to
• Experience with API and integration best practices
across multiple products
What We Offer:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
• Onsite fitness center, dry cleaning, gourmet cafeteria, massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball and more!
• New technology center
Universal Park Tickets and companywide discounts
• Active investment in skill-building and growth
• Volunteer Opportunities and many more!
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.