Product Manager, API and Data Products
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
As our Product Manager, API and Data Products, you'll advance CNBC's API services, especially our content API, video API and our log-in and authentication services, and figure out how to enhance, package and transform data to create new products. Principally, your drive will be to create API services that more effectively transact data between front-end clients and data layers, get products to market faster and help product teams build value through data and technology. By owning the API layer, you'll also play a vital role in CNBC's growth strategy by overseeing content distribution to external partners. In parallel, you will keep an eye towards how we can leverage our content and user data to create data-driven products to drive key objectives, whether it be to drive engagement via personalization, activate audience segments to sign-up for newsletters, etc.
Your main objectives will be to
• Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to recommend an effective API strategy that enables content and data distribution capabilities between CNBC's systems and to our partners.
• Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and manage their expectations as you influence engineering teams to implement solutions with your guidance.
• Partner with product managers, the Analytics team and others to explore new data-driven products such as personalization, algorithms and other solutions to leverage data in a way that better serves our audience and the overall business.
You'll succeed because you have technical competency and can 'talk the talk' with engineers. You understand APIs and data manipulation but have the empathy and mindset of a product manager who embraces design thinking, Agile and decision making. You also appreciate content and/or news and understand the need for it to be accurate and distributed with speed.
You'll report to the Senior Director of Product Management, working together to set strategy and define product roadmaps. You'll work hand-in-hand with internal stakeholders and partners, engineers, operations, analytics, product managers, and editorial to build the best product experiences in the industry. You will help usher in an exciting and new set of ideas that will better serve our customers and further grow CNBC Digital.
• Set, articulate, and advocate product vision and strategy
• Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
• Prioritize features and enhancements in story backlog
• Work with Development team to translate user stories into API specifications
• Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create additional use-cases for APIs
• Make product roadmap recommendations and have overall ownership of the API as a product.
• Own the partner content distribution strategy and roadmap by collaborating with product, editorial and other stakeholder teams to define user stories. prioritize initiatives and implement feeds/APIs to deliver content according to specifications.
• Partner with other product managers, stakeholders to uncover new or changing customer use cases and business needs and generate corollary product specs/requirements
• Explore new opportunities and use cases for personalization, content relationships and user needs, toward driving product OKRs
• Dive into user behavior across multiple products to identify opportunities for personalization and segmentation.
• Define, implement and maintain a cross-platform toolkit that enables product teams to drive A/B testing, personalization, and tracking
• Own the documentation of our API layer so that it can easily be understood by our internal teams and partners
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• You speak the same language as our engineers and can collaborate with them to solve technical challenges
• Strong ability to translate product needs to technical resources
• Experience with API and integration best practices across multiple products
• Educational background in engineering or a quantitative field
• You understand the challenges of digital marketing and the importance of utilizing data to measure the efficiency of marketing strategies.
• You love cutting edge data technology, modeling, machine learning, predictive analytics, and optimizing towards key performance indicators that drive the business forward.
• Experience working with data warehouses, data pipelines, and or BI platforms is a plus
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers' experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business and personal finance news and information, insights, and tools. Our digital and television products and services reach 385 million households worldwide, and we've got even more growth opportunities ahead. Now, we're looking for a product manager to join us in that adventure, and we're hoping it's you!