Full Time Job
The producer will assist in directing the editorial production of CNBC content, as well as ensuring successful transmission to relevant third parties. The producer is responsible for supporting the local correspondents in determining each day's content, guest list and special features. In addition, they must work effectively across the programming, operations and digital teams to ensure the highest standards.
• Assist in the production of CNBC news content for television and digital platforms in Beijing and other parts of China as needed
• Work with correspondent to contact and report on Chinese technology companies
• Conceive show ideas, story ideas, and interview subjects/guests
• Build high production standards within CNBC Asia's live, real-time news program format.
• Create either text or video content for CNBC.com
• Open and responsive communication with the CNBC Asia Pacific newsroom
• The ability to be flexible and react to breaking news situations
• Communication with other show teams, senior producers, news editors, anchors, and operations staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• University degree or related education or experience
• Minimum 6 years of experience in television news production
• Excellent editorial judgment and news journalism skills
• Fluent Chinese and English language capabilities
• Extensive business news knowledge and experience
• Proven leadership skills and people development skills
• Good communication, influencing and team skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced breaking news environment
• Capability to handle deadline pressure and work under the demands of a daily, live news environment
• Strong TV and digital writing and production skills
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.