CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
PR Coordinator, CNBC Primetime
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of two (2) years, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The PR Coordinator will support the CNBC Primetime PR Department with administrative and operational responsibilities. By day, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news. By night, CNBC in primetime is an entertainment network with a programming slate that is an extension of CNBC's distinct brand. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
Responsibilities of the PR Coordinator could include, but are not limited to:
• Perform administrative support tasks, including phone coverage, manage billing, update press website, coordinate screeners/mailings, maintain editorial calendars, update press lists, compiling daily clips and coverage reports, back-up help for the department's press managers, and other assignments as required.
• Support department with daily media requests and act as network source of information on programs.
• Keep team apprised of all breaking news and monitor news and social media for all network and series related coverage.
• Assist with talent press junkets in booking travel and creating schedules. Assist with press junkets, print interviews, set visits, photo shoots and broadcast and production related activities.
• Collect and write monthly listings, highlights and manage dissemination of photos, captions and press releases.
• Assist in the creation of show press materials, programming releases and planning of special events including the semi-annual TCA press tour and launch parties.
• Develop positive relationships with press, talent and their representatives, producers, production staff and programming executives in order to assist dept. in maximizing press coverage and minimizing crises.
• Work closely with CNBC Primetime team to present the network and its programming in the most favorable light.
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum 1 year experience in publicity / communications, ideally in television communications
• Minimum 1 year experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!