Personal Finance Reporter
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The reporter will cover breaking news and enterprise for CNBC.com's website and app. They respond quickly to news as it breaks, working under direction from news editors and coordinating with the newsroom at large to make sure CNBC's coverage is accurate, fast and informative.
could include, but are not limited to:
• Writing in-depth news analysis and breaking news on a range of personal finance-focused topics
• Staying ahead of personal finance trends (i.e. retirement, health care, student loans, social security, cryptocurrency)
• A Bachelor's degree or comparable experience
• Working knowledge of financial and/or business news content
• At least 3 years of experience reporting in a digital newsroom
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, where perks include free shuttle transportation, free on-site gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria and more!
• PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Candidates should be accurate, fast and cool under pressure
• An interest in business and finance journalism is key, as is experience in writing breaking news
• An obsession with AP style and light photo-editing skills help, too
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature
• Wall Street/financial background is also a plus