Full Time Job
The News Assistant provides support to the show production teams assisting with cutting video, building graphics, basic segment production and guest booking. This role is ideal for candidates looking for entry into a career in journalism and TV news production with a keen interest in business, economics, and financial markets.
Strong candidates include those pursuing degrees in journalism, communications, media or business/economics.
• News Assistants provide editorial support in coordinating scripts, graphics, working with editors to cut video.
• They will also provide support to producers in research, logging tapes and managing the tele-prompter.
• Creating accurate interview transcripts.
• Researching stories as directed
• Basic script writing
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree or equivalent experience and a keen interest in business news, economics, and financial markets.
- Prior internship experience in TV News Production and/or financial sector.
- Capability to handle short deadlines and work in a face-paced and demanding live news environment.
- Good communication skills,
- Additional languages would be beneficial
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.