Manager, Publicity, Primetime
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2019 11:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Publicity, Primetime jobs in Englewood Cliffs-NJ
Search all Manager, Publicity, Primetime postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Publicity, Primetime? Responsibilities
This individual is responsible for publicizing and promoting CNBC's primetime programming and talent as well as implementing and executing public relations campaigns and strategies. Candidates will have a proven record of success in executing PR campaigns, knowledge of the media industry, relationships with key media and be able to demonstrate proven results.
Specific responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage PR strategies and press plans for CNBC's primetime programming, talent and various other primetime initiatives. Activities include program strategy implementation, programming releases, planning and execution of programming campaigns encompassing print, broadcast, online activities, special events and integrated sales/brand marketing PR support.
• Generate press materials including press releases, media alerts, programming announcements, bios, pitch letters and talking points.
• Write, distribute and pitch listings and highlights.
• Coordinate and supervise various media requests to support the network and its primetime programming including interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots, award submissions and press tours.
• Craft and pitch stories to national and local media, including print, digital and broadcast to generate maximum, positive publicity for CNBC's primetime programming and talent.
• Proactively identify opportunities to maximize coverage.
• Partner with internal teams including development, programming, marketing, research, digital and social media to identify and act on publicity opportunities.
• Build and maintain targeted press lists.
• Service daily media requests and act as network source of information on primetime programs.
• Work closely with internal departments including production, marketing, sales, legal and programming executives to create and execute strategies, network goals, announcements and presentations.
• Coordinate press efforts with outside PR agency to successfully execute show campaign strategies.
• Assist on special events including premiere parties, press stunts, red carpets, Upfront events and semi-annual press tours.
• Cultivate positive relationships with talent, producers, production companies, public relations agencies and representatives, agents, managers, and programming executives in order to ensure maximum positive coverage for CNBC's primetime programming.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with consumer and trade media.
• Monitor competitive environment via daily review of competitive/industry news.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 4 years of experience in PR/Communications
• Previous experience in the television/media industry
• Excellent written, verbal and communication skills a must
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently
• A creative thinker for whom no job is too challenging, too big or too small
• Publicity experience with unscripted series at a cable network or related entertainment company is preferred.
• Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to identify coverage opportunities beyond the television pages and utilize emerging social media trends when promoting series.
• Relationships with a broad range of national and local press outlets, reporters, bloggers, bookers and producers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience interfacing with high-profile talent, top industry executives and media.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects under tight deadlines.
• Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Highly motivated, organized and self-starter.
• Possess strong worth ethic and be dependable. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.