Manager, Human Resources
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The HR Manager, CNBC will act as a business partner to managers and employees within CNBC. The candidate will have responsibility for directly supporting senior executive level clients, providing strategic input into organizational design, managing employee relations issues, leading performance management processes, compensation planning, ensuring a robust talent pipeline, succession planning, and other HR initiatives for the organization. This role will report directly to the VP, Human Resources, CNBC.
• Partner with VP, Human Resources as well as Sr. Executive leaders to develop and drive the people strategy by developing and executing on various HR initiatives.
• Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balancing business needs with employee needs and spend significant time interfacing directly with employees.
• Be a culture champion. Support the development of a culture of innovation and creativity. Coach managers in creating an empowered workforce.
• Provide timely and creative HR solutions to meet business needs. Needs to be able to work in ambiguous situations to provide counsel and direction.
• Provide coaching and feedback to managers and employees, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
• Manage the execution of annual HR processes such as compensation planning, performance feedback, training nominations, succession planning, etc.
• Implement strategic diversity initiatives for the employee population supported, as well as across CNBC.
• Partner with leaders to identify organizational needs and build those into business action items.
• Partner with NBCU HR community to work collaboratively across the matrix and the wider HR agenda.
• Manage performance, corrective action and integrity issues in collaboration with Legal and Labor Relations.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and employees that further the CNBC mission, values and strategic direction.
• Participate in broader HR projects in support of the entire CNBC organization.
• BA/BS in Human Resources or related field
• Minimum 5 years relevant HR experience, preferably as a manager or generalist
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #: XXXXXBR)
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Master's degree a plus
• Creative problem solver with a passion for HR strategy
• Strong coaching, consultative and org design skills
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management and presentation skills
• Ability to interface effectively at all levels of employees, manager, and senior executives
• Must be detail oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a diverse and fast paced environment
• Sense of humor and ''can do'' attitude
• Experience with HR systems, such as SAP, is a plus