Manager, Business Development & Strategy
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The CNBC Business Development & Strategy team works closely with our business unit leaders and senior management to facilitate decision making through strategic and financial analysis as well as through day-to-day negotiations with key partners. Driving projects from concept stage to conclusion, the team contributes directly to the operational excellence across our business, as well as to the development and implementation of CNBC's growth strategy.
Exact responsibilities may vary slightly, however the main responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the VP of Business Development in the execution of the team's projects – these can range from equity investments to partnerships, strategic initiatives to project implementation
• Researching and synthesizing market data to identify and evaluate new business areas and potential corporate acquisition / partnership opportunities
• Running financial and strategic analysis on competitors and markets
• Financial modelling related to organic growth projects and Mergers & Acquisitions
• Creating PowerPoint slides to clearly communicate analysis and findings
• Liaising with internal/external stakeholders at various levels on a regular basis
• Keen interest in the media industry (in particular news, TV, and digital media)
• Strong analytical and financial skills, including financial modelling
• Proactive and enthusiastic, able to work autonomously to deadlines
• Analytical with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload across multiple projects
• Self-starter and fast learner, with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Confident user of Microsoft Office – in particular Excel & PowerPoint
• Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly and responsibly
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills; confident in communication with senior management
• Bachelors degree, 3 years of experience
Previous work experience in a similar role within a media organization, management consulting firm, or corporate finance / investment banking firm
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms.