Lifestyle Reporter, CNBC Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC Digital is looking to hire an experienced digital reporter to develop its lifestyle coverage under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to aspirational content about success, work, money and life.
The Lifestyle Reporter will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging articles that inspire the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content.
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience.
• Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Using social media to distribute and promote content.
• Previous experience as a writer and/or reporter
• The ability to perform and multi-task under pressure
• Previous experience in several of the following areas: food, tech, real estate, cars and watches
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
• Previous editing experience preferred