Health and Wellness Reporter, Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented reporter to develop its health and wellness coverage under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about success, money, work and life .
The Health and Wellness Reporter will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging content around health and wellness for productivity, work-life balance , entrepreneurs and more . The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific Responsibilities Could Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content.
• Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience.
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Using social media to distribute and promote content.
• Previous experience as a writer or reporter at a major publication, including the ability to perform and multi-task under pressure.
• Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the wellness, health and productivity beat.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
• Previous editing experience preferred.