Head Of Scheduling
Full Time Job
Oversee a team who are responsible for the accurate and timely organization and completion of Presentation Schedules. Liaising with various departments to support the day to day activities within the Presentation Department including support for Traffic for the commercial schedule, reconciliation and Invoicing.
• Manage day to day running of the Presentation team
• Oversee the daily completion of Presentation schedules for 3 Channels
• Provide support to the Director of Operations when required
• Maintenance of Post TX and spot reconciliation
• Ensure correct entry of the Promo and Programming planner
• Ensure Ofcom regulation compliance
• Liaison with the Programme Planning Manager as regards to any programme changes and implement break format changes
• Liaison with the Traffic manager for Commercial inventory and bookings as part of the schedule released for transmission
• Liaison with the Promo manager (or equivalent)for Promotion inventory and placement
• Liaison with Library and Edit to ensure media is available
• Work on scheduling system to compile Presentation schedules
• Double check all presentation schedules created by the Presentation schedulers before they are transferred to the playout system
• Manage the setup and administration of Foretv
• Provide training and expertise to all departments in Foretv.
• Implementation of multi-regional scheduling, commercial sales/availability and reporting accordingly
• As part of team, address issues & provides better solutions to reduce on-air errors.
• Test and liaise with the supplier on new software releases
• Creating and implementing operational procedures to ensure smooth management of commercial traffic systems.
• Routine management and maintenance of the ForeTV database in conjunction with NBC IT to ensure optimum use of all its facilities. Including system review and fault fixing/problem solving
• Dealing with daily scheduling enquires and allocating work accordingly.
• To be "on call" to TX throughout the evening and weekends
• Processing Orders - set up Agent/Client/Product etc. plus all relevant checks
• Instruct Presentation Scheduler's with information regarding programme changes and implement break format changes.
• Implementing all staff training on going.
• Manage Perspective user groups to improve knowledge and understanding.
• Manage staff and dealing with all HR issues, appraisals, discipline, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Key skills and Behaviours
o Ability to work effectively on own initiative and communicate clearly and concisely
o Excellent organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
o Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel user
o A methodical approach and great attention to detail
o Leadership skills to motivate a team of 2
- Specific previous experience –
o Experience of a Broadcast scheduling system is essential
o Prior leadership or management is required