Full Time Job
The Broadcast Graphics Designer will sit within the Europe Graphics Team working across both the UK and International programming. We are looking for a skilled Broadcast Graphic Designer able to create high quality still artwork and motion graphics for use in a live TV environment following the strategy set by the Head of Graphics. The Graphics Designer is responsible for daily duties assigned by the News team, primarily providing the creative input/design for the News group's on-air needs. The role will also be required to frequently liaise with counterparts in the US and Asia to maintain a consistency for the on air look and style.
• To deliver a range of design material for live On-air plus additional business needs as directed by the Head of Graphics. Produce all daily news requirements such as walls, bespoke charts, maps, teasers, headshots etc.
• To problem solve and find creative graphic solutions in the short time scales of a busy news environment.
• Design motion graphics and associated franchises for specials and long form programming
• Provide inspiration and ideas for On-Air and wider business design tasks.
• To work with all wider creative, editorial and marketing teams to deliver integrated work when required.
• Ability to cover early morning shifts on rotation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of Industry standard 2D/3D software practices.
• Demonstrate experience in creating High level broadcast/motion graphics via show reel/portfolio of work.
• 3D production, animation, modelling, lighting, rendering advantageous.
• Knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D advantageous.
• Fluency in 2D compositing/Art work production knowledge, Adobe Creative suite, Ae, Ps, Ai.
• Knowledge of cross platform digital art working practices, broadcast, print, web as needed by Business.
• Chyron real time broadcast design systems production knowledge is advantageous.
• Ability to work in a live TV production environment