Fall Paid Intern - Production / Reporting
CNBCSan Francisco, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com, CNBC PRO, mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices, and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Working directly with CNBC reporters, anchors, producers, editors and photographers
• Assisting producers at live locations across San Francisco
• Pitching and reporting your own stories for CNBC.com
• Collaborating on podcast production
• Monitoring and transcribing live events
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in San Francisco, CA
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28, 2019
Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Communications, Digital Media
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, Passion for journalism and an interest in business/finance.
• Experience on a school newspaper or campus news station
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership; newsroom environment preferred.