Director Of Product Management, Web
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
At CNBC, our mission is to transform our customers' experiences with their money through our world-class financial market coverage, business and personal finance news and information, insights, and tools. Our digital and television products and services reach 385 million households worldwide, and we've got even more growth opportunities ahead. Now, we're looking for the next great product leader to join us in that adventure, and we're hoping it's you!
As our Director of Product Management for Web, you'll own the strategy, execution and successful delivery of our portfolio of award-winning, market leading web sites, including CNBC.com and Make It. You'll thrive making impactful decisions for a brand that customers know and trust, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover, develop and ship products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you'll lead, guide, and motivate a team of product managers and their dedicated, cross-functional Agile teams by communicating your vision, setting goals and priorities, and communicating regularly with partners, executives, and stakeholders. You'll succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously impactful, usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery and design thinking. You'll connect regularly with customers and identify product growth opportunities as our company expert on our audience, business, and industry.
• Lead and manage product managers and their product development teams
• Grow audience and revenue for CNBC's portfolio of web products
• Develop deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry
• Set, articulate, and advocate product vision, strategy, and business tactics
• Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
• Prioritize features and enhancements across program portfolio
• Build and maintain roadmap (or OKRs) to create value for users and grow business
• Discover opportunities worth pursuing via product discovery experiments and methods
• Identify and map customer goals, values and needs rather than ''wants'' or ''table stakes''
• Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data
• Ensure good communication and transparency by partnering with internal teams including editorial, marketing, advertising, business development, etc.
• Establish strong relationships with industry partners, vendors and providers, and reference customers
• Coordinate with product peers and their teams to share learnings and ensure quality cross-platform experience
• Web industry and domain subject-matter expert and thought leader
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Proven management, mentoring, motivating, and coaching experience
• Proven ability to deliver successful, valuable customer and business outcomes
• Strong user experience sensibilities
• Strong experience with product discovery techniques (e.g. design thinking, Lean Startup)
• Strong experience with analytics, user research to drive decisions
• Strong experience with Agile methodologies
• Strong experience with editorial tools and content management systems
• Experience in the media, news, or technology/internet industries
• Experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean Product a plus
• Experience as a designer, developer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
Who We're Looking For:
As the ideal candidate, you're a thoughtful, empathetic, hands-on manager and leader. You're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You're always handy with a strong point of view, but you're open-minded and can admit when you're wrong. Your teams love working with you because you're a pleasure to be around and lead through inspiration and motivation rather than rules and hierarchies. A good story has made your way more than a good data point, but you've always got both at hand. If this sounds like you, and you're excited to work with great people and the leader in business worldwide, we'd love to meet up!
This position is based out of our spacious, modern CNBC offices on the river in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, with its on-site cafeteria, masseuse, shoe-shine, dry-cleaning, and full-featured, free fitness center. New Yorkers, don't panic - a convenient, complimentary shuttle is available from points throughout the NYC metro area.