Director Of Engineering, Frontend Web, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
• As our Director of Engineering for Web, you'll own the technical strategy, execution and successful delivery of our portfolio of award-winning, market leading websites, including CNBC.com, Make It, Deal or No Deal and others.
• Day-to-day, you'll lead, guide, and motivate a team of tech-leads and their dedicated cross-functional Agile teams by communicating your web technology vision, setting goals and priorities, and collaborating regularly with partners, executives, and stakeholders.
Your Day to Day Includes:
• You'll own the web technology platform and all aspects of the engineering, management, deployment (CI/CD) and most importantly its evolution
• You'll provide hands-on technical leadership, participating in architecture design, code review, pair programming, and implementation of proven software design patterns
• You'll ensure scalability of highly visible consumer-facing products and backend services
• Provide technical and non-technical mentorship to the teams
• Foster a strong, collaborative engineering culture on the teams
• Advocate and advance modern software development practices within the team
Who we're looking for:
• We are looking for a dynamic leader who can mentor very experienced engineers and foster a strong engineering culture on their teams.
• You have opinions about what makes a good engineering culture and have experience hiring the best engineers and leading a team.
• You have a very strong technical background and be familiar with the complexities of developing web technologies at scale including CI/CD pipelines, caching, scalability and page performance.
• 8 years of experience in software development
• Web industry and domain subject-matter expert and thought leader
• An understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, multi-threading, testing, security, and performance
• You understand core technologies and engineering challenges facing consumer products
• Proven management, mentoring, motivating, and coaching experience
• Strong experience with Agile methodologies
• This position is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, which offers great perks and amenities like: free onsite fitness center, dry cleaning, gourmet cafeteria, massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball and much more for our employees!
• New technology space with free shuttle service to/from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
• Universal Park Tickets and companywide discounts
• Active investment in skill-building and growth
• Volunteer Opportunities and many more!