Digital News Assistant
This was removed by the employer on 6/27/2022 10:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Digital News Assistant jobs in London-UK
Search all Digital News Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Digital News Assistant, CNBC Make IT
Division: CNBC International
Department: Digital News
Position: Digital News Assistant, Make It
Reports to: Deputy Managing Editor
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live. â€œMake Itâ€ is CNBC's editorial brand for young, aspirational readers who want to learn how to make the most of their money, their careers and their life.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
The â€œMake Itâ€ Digital News Assistant will be responsible for pitching and creating content related to workplace and professional success, money and career/life matters, entrepreneurs and start-ups for young and/or aspirational readers. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable. This role is ideal for candidates seeking an entry into a career in journalism and online news production, with degrees in journalism, communications, media or business/economics.
• Generating story ideas. Pitching, reporting, writing and producing digital content
• Packaging copy to include graphics, videos and links to CNBC.com, making it
• compelling to CNBC.com readers
• Helping to build the â€œMake Itâ€ brand and cultivate an engaged audience
• Using social media to distribute and promote content
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Fast, responsive and creative individual who is willing to learn and work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment
• Must be independent, motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills
• Passion for digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
• Prior internship experience with an equivalent news organization is preferred, but not essential
• University Degree with a keen interest in current affairs
• Knowledge of social media will be a plus
• A clear understanding of CNBC's editorial and programming priorities
• A flexible attitude to working different shifts occasionally when required
• Fluency in English
• Experience of working in content management systems desirable
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers