CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
What you'll do:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed
• Produce stories for each of CNBC's daily live Business Day programs.
• Work directly with anchors and reporters at CNBC Global Headquarters as well as correspondents from CNBC's global network including CNBC Europe, CNBC Asia, NBC News and NBC Newschannel.
• Create written content and visual elements, including onscreen graphics, soundbites and video for live reports and edited packages.
• Find background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, including working with reporters and producers to stay up to date on general trends as well as key developments in breaking news situations.
• Write and produce daily news updates.
• Learn various newsroom roles and responsibilities being ready to fill in for key roles as needed.
• Work as needed as onsite producer at the New York Stock Exchange.
• Work closely with Senior Managers as needed as main point of contact with shows, reporters and network operations.
• Assist reporters and field producers with remote shoots and special projects as needed.
• Produce updates for smart home connected devices such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
• Contribute to CNBC.com and social media when requested.
What we'll offer:
• Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:â€¯
• Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive monthsâ€¯
• Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employmentâ€¯
• Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employmentâ€¯
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:â€¯
• Sweat it outâ€¯-- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classesâ€¯
• Eat upâ€¯-- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad barsâ€¯
• Unwindâ€¯-- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosballâ€¯
• Extrasâ€¯-- Dry cleaning,â€¯shoe shiningâ€¯and sneak peeksâ€¯â€¯
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey Cityâ€¯
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll getâ€¦
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers siteâ€¯here.â€¯We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
• Bachelor's degree and working knowledge of financial and/or business news, political news, and hard news content .
• 1 year experience in television production (can include experience at an internship or college station)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office and newsroom systems including iNews.
• Strong knowledge of social media sites including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Desired Characteristics :
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
• Wall Street/financial background is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of video editing preferred but not required.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure.
• Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently.
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including early morning and late night hours.