Deputy Copy Editor, Politics, CNBC Digital
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Deputy Copy Editor, Politics, CNBC Digital jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Deputy Copy Editor, Politics, CNBC Digital postings
Full Time Job
CNBC Digital is looking for an experienced editor to help run the Politics team. The ideal candidate will know Washington inside and out, how the process works, who the players are and how to help both young and seasoned reporters develop sources and get scoops. They will have roughly five or more years of experience covering politics and policy with a proven track record of breaking news, working with anonymous sources, writing or editing long-form features and delivering high-quality, high-impact journalism. They will be equally adept at editing breaking news as well as longer enterprise stories.
• Editing breaking news in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Writing headlines with an eye toward SEO
• Experience editing fast-moving breaking news
• A clear understanding of style and grammar
• Interest in politics and policy stories
• Helping writers frame stories for a national audience
• Mentoring younger reporters.
• A minimum of roughly five years of experience covering or editing politics, regulations and policy.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing or editing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• Reporting, writing or editing investigative stories and/or long-form features.
• A collaborative demeanor with experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
• The ability to deliver accurate news in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends as news breaks.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• The job will be based in Washington, D.C. or in Englewood Cliffs, N.J. with a hybrid in-office schedule.
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or health desk of a large daily newspaper.
• Passionate about digital story telling and creating the best reader experience online.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Solid understanding of web standards.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.