Data Journalist, Acorns
CNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/19/2019 9:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Data Journalist, Acorns jobs in New York-NY
Search all Data Journalist, Acorns postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Data Journalist, Acorns? Responsibilities
The data visualization journalist will all act as translator for Grow's readers. They will take rich statistics and complex data sets and turn them into clear, concise, engaging charts and graphics for the website as well as help the newsroom's beat reporters find and distill clean data, ultimately producing both quick-hit and enterprise pieces that help readers quickly understand more about the topics we cover. This role will report to the Graphics Editor and the Senior Editor.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration through Summer 2020, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
may include, but are not limited to:
• Acquire, clean and analyze data. Plan and produce data visualizations, including charts and maps.
• Coordinate with all appropriate editorial teams to turn both breaking news graphics and develop longer-term, data-driven enterprise reporting.
• Assist both seasoned and inexperienced journalists to improve their data research.
• At least 2 years of daily newsroom experience, including at least one year specializing in data reporting.
• Applicants must have a solid understand of data analysis techniques and a working knowledge of data mining and web scraping.
• Some understanding of database and statistical languages such as SQL, R, Stata and/or Python pandas desired.
• Applicants should be familiar with a variety of data visualization and mapping tools, such as Datawrapper and Highcharts. Advanced visualization skills in tools such as Tableau and D3.js also highly desired.
• Experience or interest in business journalism or personal finance and investing topics
• Knowledge of financial markets and terminology
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must provide examples of recent work demonstrating solid experience in developing clear, compelling stories from complex datasets.
• Passion for and knowledge of innovative multimedia storytelling and strategic thinking across platforms
• Proven ability to generate creative concepts
• Strong desire to develop creatively
• Ability to think big, and to take direction and feedback
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
• Experience managing or working on a site that achieved significant growth on social media channels
• Desire to work in a creative and collaborative environment
• Strong collaboration skills
• Candidates should be accurate, fast and cool under pressure. The job calls for solid judgment and involves efficient planning and flexibility as deadlines change on the fly.
• Applicants need the ability to stay organized when several projects hit the desk at once. A background in business and/or finance journalism is a major plus. A devotion to AP style helps, too. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.