Coordinating Producer, CNBC Events
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The Coordinating Producer is responsible for booking speakers for assigned CNBC Events, producing event sessions and working with the Executive Producer to determine editorial content and strategies.
could include, but are not limited to:
* Develop editorial vision and produce assigned events and live guest sessions. Implementing work independently and/or with guidance from Executive Producer.
* Find and book compelling guests for assigned conferences.
* Conduct pre-interviews of guests, script questions and prepare briefing documents for use by anchors and reporters. Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests, manages event-day guests movements and schedule.
* Envision and execute novel / creative on-stage formats.
* Coach booked speakers on presentation delivery and content.
* Collaborate with CNBC TV to book relevant event guests on shows before and during assigned events.
* Collaborate with CNBC digital and social to promote and amplify events.
* Write compelling session descriptions and continuity for event hosts.
* Secure / create elements such as video, polls, interactive elements to elevate event attendee experience.
* Maintain knowledge of competitive events.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
* Generate ideas for event speakers and topics, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
*Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and producing in a live television or events / conferences environment *Must have exceptional writing/researching skills and editorial judgment
*Prior experience booking high profile guests and producing in a business news environment and / or for live events / conferences is strongly preferred.
*Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under deadline pressure.
*Demonstrated editorial agility, i.e. experience producing content about a wide variety of topics.
*Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to tell a compelling story
*MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background a plus.