Contributors Editor, Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC is looking for talented Editor to develop and maintain a rolodex of regular contributing writers for the NYC-based Make It team.
CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. The Editor will assign and edit contributor content, managing a robust editorial calendar and demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of Make It's style and voice.
• At least 3 years of editing experience.
• Must possess the ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Previous experience or demonstrated interest in money, careers, leadership and entrepreneurship topics.
• Previous experience working with freelance writers and contributors preferred.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.