Business Development & Strategy Director
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms.
The CNBC Business Development & Strategy team works closely with our business unit leaders and senior management to facilitate decision making through strategic and financial analysis as well as through day-to-day negotiations with key partners. Driving projects from concept stage to conclusion, the team contributes directly to the operational excellence across our business, as well as to the development and implementation of CNBC's growth strategy.
include but are not limited to:
• Working closely with senior management to lead and execute BD projects – these can range from equity investments to partnerships, strategic initiatives to project implementation
• Researching and synthesizing market data to identify and evaluate new business areas and potential corporate acquisition / partnership opportunities for CNBC
• Financial modelling related to organic growth projects and Mergers & Acquisitions
• Creating executive presentations to clearly communicate analysis and findings
• Liaising with both internal/external stakeholders at the executive level on a regular basis
- • Minimum of 6 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, strategic planning, and/or business development ideally in the entertainment or media technology industries
• Superior strategic, financial and relationship building skills
• Demonstrable experience working on investments and partnership transactions
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant modelling experience
• Keen interest in the media industry (in particular news, TV, and digital media)
• Ability to handle and oversee multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to manage a multi-stakeholder project team at various levels
• Ability to work with confidential materials discreetly and responsibly
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills; confident in communication with senior management
• Proactive, enthusiastic, and strong team player enabling easy integration into a fast-moving, hard-working team
• MBA from top tier business school preferred
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide.