Business and Politics Reporter, Cnbc.Com
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
This was removed by the employer on 10/16/2019 5:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Business and Politics Reporter, Cnbc.Com jobs in Englewood Cliffs-NJ
Search all Business and Politics Reporter, Cnbc.Com postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business and Politics Reporter, Cnbc.Com?
Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for business and politics? CNBC.com seeks an exceptional reporter to join its growing team of editors and reporters.
This person will focus on and seek to break news where business and politics collide. The focus will be on how business looks to set the policy agenda and how it responds to cultural and political action. Likewise, this reporter will cover the forces, inside Washington and out, that seek to exert political influence over business.
We're looking for someone with experience reporting on the business world and big corporations. They should have the ability to explain complicated ideas and situations, ranging from bankruptcy law to new government proposals on clean-air standards or how private equity works, in a simple manner that can transcend audiences. This reporter should also have a track record of developing sources and contacts, should thrive in a breaking news environment, and get excited about the coverage area.
We aren't necessarily looking for someone with a background in political journalism. But this person should demonstrate an interest and understanding of the current political climate and policy -- and how it all relates to business. And should not be intimidated if their story moves the stock market up or down.
could include but are not limited to:
- Generating original story ideas and developing fresh angles for reported pieces on the big stories of the day
- Taking the lead on enterprise reporting, from interviewing sources to reporting in the field
- Maintaining an active presence on social media
- Using and cultivating sources and contacts to bring home exclusives
- Sharing information with broader CNBC network in a timely fashion
- Being a self-starter hungry to break news, eager to jump on the day's biggest talkers, pitch and report stories that are original, sharp and distinct
Please note: This job will likely be based at CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., but would require occasional travel to Washington, D.C.
• Must have a bachelor's degree
• At least 3 years of reporting experience
• Strong writing skills, with the ability to write focused stories on tight deadlines, along with crafting long-form stories with voice and style that is original, sharp and distinct
• A firm grasp of how policy affects domestic issues, particularly those related to business: taxes, trade, the environment, regulation and the interests of consumers and voters
• A strong understanding of major corporations and how they interact with, respond to and try to influence politicians, regulation and legislation
• Awareness of the key individuals and important institutions in Washington, and how those people and institutions interact. That familiarity includes, but is not limited to, people in the Cabinet and senior department/agency leaders in the executive branch; the leadership of the Senate and House of Representatives from both parties, including the heads of important committees; and the justices of the Supreme Court
• Fluency in SEO, social media and basic analytics is required
• Willingness to travel and work evenings and on weekends with short notice
• An innovator who wants to tell stories in a compelling way via social, mobile and desktop and who possesses a deep understanding of the nuances of packaging for the web, mobile web and social
• An interest and understanding of video and alternative storytelling techniques, including data visualization, is a plus