CNBCSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage, business content and general news consumed by more than 544 million people per month across all platforms. The network's 15 live hours a day of news programming in North America (weekdays from 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also offers content through its vast portfolio of digital products such as: CNBC.com, which provides financial market news and information to CNBC's investor audience; CNBC Make It, a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. To learn more, visit https://www.cnbc.com/digital-products/. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.
Bureau Chief, CNBC San Francisco
The CNBC San Francisco Bureau Chief is responsible for driving standout coverage of major technology companies, trends and local economic issues while establishing the bureau as a nerve center for the network's influence among the Silicon Valley's corporate leaders and investors. The ideal candidate will build upon an existing network of contacts across industry as well as develop new, while and identifying event and non-linear content opportunities.
• Directs, along with senior Business Day executives, coverage of the technology industry
• Work closely with existing CNBC.com journalists in San Francisco to produce broadcast versions of digital stories and insure efficient newsgathering and reporting
• Manages CNBC's San Francisco bureau operations, in tandem with tech manager
• Collaborates when necessary, with counterparts at NBC News, MSNBC and Telemundo on coverage plans and special initiatives
• Organizes, supervises and plans coverage that originates in San Francisco bureau and region
• Supervises/manages/directs San Francisco staff (reporters, producers, other editorial assets in the region)
• Plays a key role in managing coverage of California-based business and economic stories
• Maintains consistent communication with CNBC headquarters on breaking news, feature development and long-form production opportunities
• Plays a key role in recruitment of CNBC on-air talent, field producers and broadcast contributors
• Establishes a network of sources in and around major technology companies, venture capital firms, law firms and investors
• Other duties as directed by the Senior Editorial Team
• Reports to the Managing Editor
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $180,000-$240,000
• Exceptional knowledge of the technology industry, its key players and investors
• Ability to maintain high journalistic standards
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Must have at least 6 years of experience in broadcast journalism
• Must have a Bachelor's degree
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be a strong creative thinker and entrepreneurial operator
• Must demonstrate consistent ability to enterprise content
• Must be a leader and team builder, proactive thinker and self-starter