CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Reporter, CNBC Make IT
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented Associate Reporter to develop its business, entrepreneurship and leadership coverage for a broad consumer audience under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC.com, devoted to content that helps readers get smarter about how they manage their career, money and life. Within Make It's Success vertical, the Associate Reporter will be primarily responsible for reporting and writing engaging articles that inspire the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you'll do:
• Work on assignments at the direction of editors
• Report and write aggregated and single source stories -- from relevant news to profiles to advice and service pieces -- around entrepreneurship and leadership
• Support reporters and senior reporters with additional data collection and reporting as needed
• Generate story ideas
• Contribute to multi-platform coverage when needed
• Use social media to distribute and promote content
• Be open to constructive criticism and guidance from editors
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings â€'' Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events â€'' Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - thereâ€˜s never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center â€'' Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly â€'' Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces â€'' 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings â€'' Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like â€œThe Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallonâ€ and â€œSaturday Night Live.â€ Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll getâ€¦
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Zero to one year of previous reporting/writing experience
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Familiarity with following and reporting on current events, especially as they relate to business and leadership
• Familiarity and comfort with social media
You'll stand out if:
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• You're knowledgeable of and interested in the business world and financial news