CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, CNBC Make IT
CNBC Make It is looking for a talented Associate Producer for its expanding video team. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. This candidate should be familiar with all aspects of video production and possess a highly creative storytelling voice. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with scripting, shooting, editing and producing original narrative, explanatory multimedia stories and "quick turnâ€ day-of content. A candidate who has experience with social video is preferred.
The ideal team member is a self-starter who is comfortable researching and pitching stories on his/her own and can also work within a team setting depending on project demands. At CNBC Make It â€'' we aim to make people smarter about personal finance, careers, leadership and entrepreneurship, so candidates with a passion to learn about the business world around them and explain it to others will be successful in this role.
The Associate Producer will work with a team of highly motivated video producers, artists and digital reporters/writers to develop and tell unique stories. This role will provide opportunities for quick turn, studio and field work. Every voice on the team counts, so if you are willing to ask questions, give thoughtful feedback and strive for greatness â€'' you will be a wonderful fit!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
What we'll offer:
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings â€'' Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events â€'' Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - thereâ€˜s never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center â€'' Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly â€'' Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces â€'' 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings â€'' Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like â€œThe Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallonâ€ and â€œSaturday Night Live.â€ Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll getâ€¦
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
Four-year college degree (or comparable professional experience) with course work/major emphasis on digital media, communications, journalism or business journalism
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Broadcast script and AP style writing experience
• Experience editing/producing content for social platforms: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Strong analytical ability
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Intermediate level experience with all aspects of digital video production, including producing, shooting and editing
• Intermediate level experience producing/editing on Adobe Creative Suite, shooting with DSLRs and Cinema cameras
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of your work *please provide links when applying*