Associate Producer, Programming
This was removed by the employer on 7/5/2021 4:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, Programming jobs in London-UK
Search all Associate Producer, Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Producer, Programming?
Full Time Job
Division: CNBC International
Department: News Programming
Position: Associate Producer
Reports to: Supervising Producer
NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the worldâ€™s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the number one channel for business news and broadcasts eleven hours of live programming on the EMEA and Asia Pacific markets every business day from its TV studios based in the City of London and Singapore. CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products including CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data; and a suite of apps including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
The Associate Producer is responsible for helping lead the creation and production of CNBCâ€˜s live business news shows and show segments, working with the Show Producer on overall content and production. The Associate producer should be able to line a regular daily live show with very little guidance. The role is ideal for candidates with extensive TV production experience and proven knowledge of business news content.
- Support the Producer in managing the show production team.
- Responsible for effective delegation of tasks such as segments, scripts, graphics and guest booking.
- Plan and execute compelling story ideas in both live, pre-recorded and package formats.
- Produce and project-manage live and pre-recorded outside broadcasts across EMEA.
- Live gallery production, with a responsibility for reacting to breaking news.
- Ability to line-produce a show and fill in for the producer in the gallery if necessary
- Building and maintaining relationships with CNBC guests and contributors.
- Communicate with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff.
- Cooperate with other departments, especially the operations, gallery and graphics teams to make the best possible programming. Work with CNBC global teams as necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience within a leading international news organisation.
- Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news.
- Capable of handling short deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment.
- Excellent knowledge of European business, economics, and financial markets.
- A clear understanding of CNBCâ€™s editorial and programming priorities.
- Control room/gallery experience.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Knowledge of iNews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems
- Strong understanding of the role of social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High standard of written English
- Additional languages would be beneficial
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer.